About Dr. Pam Hutchison
Dr. Pam Hutchison is a Naturopathic Physician
- Holds Prescriptive Authority
- Passionate about providing care for folks with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Is an exercise enthusiast and mother of 2 great kids.
- Clinical interest and focus on Neurological and Mental Health for over 20 tears
Dr. Hutchison’s practice is busy, and she focuses her intake of new patients
Dr. Pam Hutchison's Credentials
Education & Certificates
- University of Guelph, B.S.
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, N.D.
- Parkinson’s Disease training with Dr Laurie Mischley ND
- World Parkinson Congress (2019, Kyoto; 2016, Portland)
- Clinical Training in Mind Body Medicine at the Harvard School of Medicine.
- Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Pharmaceutical prescribing though Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine and UBC’s School of Pharmacy
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation, NYU Neuromodulation Conference
- Advanced training in Nutritional Management of Psychiatric disorders
- Advanced training in the use of Amino Acids for Mental health care.
- Prescribing and monitoring of Low-Dose Naltrexone Therapy
- Low dose lithium prescribing.
Years of Experience
Research Articles by Dr. Pam Hutchison
Evidence-Based Strategies for Prevention and Treatment of Age-Related Cognitive Decline – Part One
Age-related cognitive decline begins, remarkably, in the late 20s and early 30s. As we age, we lose brain function from cellular injury due to inflammation, toxin exposure, insufficient sleep, injury, and other noxious influences.
Age Related Cognitive Decline: Evidence-Based Strategies for Prevention and Treatment of Age-Related Cognitive Decline
With the proportion of the population older than 65 years in rapid ascent, the burden on the Canadian and American healthcare systems due to age-related cognitive disorders will be immense. Conventional medical treatment focuses on medication, which at best limits and delays decline because dementia once it is apparent represents the cumulative effects of decades of degenerative neurological damage.
Videos from YT of Dr. Pam Hutchison
Provincial Conference 2019: Nutrition and Parkinson's with Dr. Pamela Hutchison
Dr. Pamela Hutchison speaking on nutrient needs, the microbiome, and protein at Parkinson Society BC's Moving Forward, Together provincial conference in 2019.
Exploring Nutrition and MS
This workshop discussed the most common naturopathic treatment approaches for MS, with an emphasis on nutrition. Latest research in nutrition and MS and a variety of dietary protocols and how optimizing your diet can support your neurological system was also discu